IBM from NAPA EU research project
- Process: Casting PDMS (silicone) precursor (elastomer base and curing agent) onto a structured template in a Petri dish. Curing (hardening) by heat (60°C, 12-24 h).
- Application: Microfluidic devices - Photonic crystals
- Process description: Plasma polymerization of allylamine; a process for surface modification.
- Purpose: A process is described for surface modification of polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) stamps and transferring a hydrophilic ink pattern from the modified stamp to various substrates with different chemistry of inks and substrates.
- Major advantages: In comparison to general oxygen plasma method to treat the stamp surface, plasma polymerization process is efficient, stable and substrate independent, high density of functional groups on the surface, versatile chemical structures, and suitable for further surface modification based on reactive amine groups.